Feb 22, 2008

Consumerism

With more retail stores are in line, the success of them lies with the service they provide. I had a strange experience with one of the leading retailers of Spencer's located near my area. I purchased one kg of 'Picric' basmati rice which says buy 1 get 1 free. Thinking that the free rice pack will be given near the billing counter, I did not pick the extra pack. While billing, the store person next to the billing person said "It has a free pack" only to get a reply "Don’t tell, he did not pick the extra one. Leave it". After billing, I told him that I want to talk to store manager and he immediately said I am new to this store and I am under training and I don't know about the offer". An insane behaviour never expected from one of the reputed retailers.


Will India wake up on consumerism!!

No comments: